Live 10.0.6 Now Available
Ableton Live 10.0.6 is now available. For me the biggest news here is they “updated the bundled Max application to Max 8.0.2.” This means some advanced Max for Live devices ( ex. Isotonik Studios Signal) no longer require you to download Max 8.0.2 and point to that version in Preferences. More info on 10.0.6 over at the Release Notes page.
Live 10.1 Beta
Ableton Live 10.1 is in public beta. It’s a MAJOR point release that will be a free update!
What’s New in Live 10.1 Highlights
Checkout the Ableton Live 10.1 What’s New Video here.
Here is a list of some highlights of what’s new.
- The ability to import your own wavetable or samples into the Wavetable synth. This is huge!
- A new device called Delay that “Combines Simple Delay and Ping Pong Delay and adds feature upgrades” like modulation. Jump, Fade-In and Pitch controls which you could only access by right-clicking on the device title bar are now on the front panel.
- VST3 support. “Plug-ins that crash no longer cause Live to crash. In addition, Live will not need to wait for the plug-in scan to finish in order to launch.”
- New Channel EQ device
- A palette of automation shapes and the ability to transform automaton horizontally and vertically, the ability to edit the value of an automation breakpoint using a context menu, and more.
- Improvements to Arrangement Editing including improvements in zooming and scrolling, resizable Arrangement Overview
- Track freezing with sidechains
- Export return and master effects
More details on these on the official announcement page, and even more detail on even more features in the release notes.
Live 10.1 is now in an extensive beta testing period. If you would like to test this update, join the beta testing group.*
To see all the changes coming in Ableton Live 10.1, read the beta release notes.
For those who don’t own Live 10, see what else is new.
*You need to own a Live 10 license to join the beta testing group. Beta testing is only conducted in English.