One of the new features introduced Ableton Live 8 is the ability to step-sequence in the Midi Note Editor. This is covered only briefly on page 204 of the manual so I put together a 5 min. video tutorial to help you get your mind around how this feature works.
[Update June 17, 2020 This featured is called Step-Recording in the Live 10 manual and is documented here]
In the video I cover:
- How to arm the step recorder
- How to enter notes with a MIDI controller and the arrow keys
- How to sequence drums
- How to sequence notes and chords
- How to preview steps with the arrow keys
- How to MIDI Map a controller to next and back steps
If you enjoyed this post consider subscribing to future updates via email.