Back in August I picked up an Anlog Four MKI as Sweetwater was closing the MKI out. I really kicked myself when I didn’t get a new Monomachine when they closed them out. I actually had an Analog Four way back in 2013 when they were first introduced but sold it to focus on my love affair with the Octatrack. Anyway – I decided to go on the Analog Four “ride” again as with all the OS updates and Overbridge it’s like a whole new animal.
Back in August I only had time to mess about a bit and wrote the post First Impressions Using Elektron Overbridge on Surface Pro 4 with Analog Four and published this video.
After a little stall out – I’m back at it with the Analog Four and have been working on:
- An original long-form Krell improv piece using only the Analog Four using custom presets for a performance in 2018.
- Doing tests to use Analog Four as an audio interface for Ableton Live.
- Studio sessions to practice sound design as performance from init. No overbridge here so I could really gain some muscle memory for the box so I could use it effectively in free-form improv situations.
- Spending time wrapping my head around the best way us Analog Four as a composition platform – or companion for the Octatrack. These sessions are both with and without Overbridge.
- Spending time wrapping my head around data management and backup.
- Using the Analog Four as a live performance synth with USB MIDI Controllers using Kenton MIDI USB Host MKII.
Long story short – I’ve learned a lot and taken a lot of notes. Watch for future posts with on all this on the category https://modulatethis.com/category/elektron-analog-four.
Oh, and in case you missed it, Elektron has decided to…
…offer Overbridge free of charge for all our Overbridge enabled instruments. This means that Overbridge Basic and Premium are now simply Overbridge https://www.elektronauts.com/news/387.
Composer, Synthesist, Electronic Musician, Multimedia Artist