U-HE just posted a screenshot of their forthcoming synth Bazille on their Facbook page today (click the image above to see a full-sized screenshot.. The KVR page was also updated with a list of features and and listed price as $129 http://www.kvraudio.com/product/bazille-by-u-he.
Bazille is a modular FM and Phase Distortion Synthesizer. It's modular engine allows for patching of any signal output into any signal input, regardless of signal type. This makes Bazille a sibling of ACE, but it caters for a digital synthesis paradigm rather than for subtractive (virtual analogue) synthesis.
- hybrid modular system: digital oscillators, analogue filters – unlimited patching capabilities.
- 4 oscillators with simultaneous FM (phase modulation, linear / exponential / relative FM), PD (phase distortion) and FR (fractal resonance).
- 4 multimode analogue type filters, 2 of which have 6 parallel outputs.
- 4 ADSR envelopes, 2 LFOs with multiple outputs, 2 ramp generators.
- 2 modulation maps (can be used as oscillator waveforms), lag processors, quantizer, inverters, rectifiers, sample&hold.
- morphing snapshot sequencer: 8 slots of 16 steps each (splittable into 4, 8 or 12-step units).
The product page http://www.u-he.com/cms/bazille has been updated as well…
BAZILLE, the modular monster. After ACE, the second spawn of our ongoing 'Berlin Modular' project, this one is a very different, much larger beast…
When will it be done? Developer Urs said this on a KVR thread…
If you want to be notified of Bazille’s release signup to U-HE’s newsletter on the product page.If you want to be notified of Bazille’s release signup to U-HE’s newsletter on the product page.
Below are some preview videos. Keep in mind these are videos from much earlier in the development process – but they will give you a sense for what is coming.
Here is a second video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDvYOp6cGtk.
And a third video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SbRSHlJVyE