Slicex is a new beat slicing tool introduced FL Studio 8. As you can see from the screenshot above, there are a lot of controls. Image Line has posted 5 new videos on their site to help you shorten the learning curve.
Image Line just released FL Studio 8. While I don’t use it as my primary DAW, I do use the killer step sequencer for programming loops from time to time. Image Line’s policy of free updates (yes, free) has made it a "no-brainer" for me to stay current. I’ve just downloaded version 8 and can report that it runs fine on Vista and opens my old projects back just fine.
New user pricing depends on which edition of FL Studio you choose (see links at bottom of post). Use this Modulate This link and save 10% all Image Line Products.
So what’s new in FL Studio 8?
- FL Synthmaker – create & share your own FL instruments.
- One-click-recording using Edison wave editor plugin.
- Slicex, a new drumloop slicer & re-arranging tool.
- Soundgoodizer is a ‘maximizer-enhancer’ plugin based on the Maximus sound-process engine.
- Fruity Limiter for maximizing & compressing final mixes or individual tracks.
- Wave Candy is an audio analysis and visualization tool with Oscilloscope, Spectrum Analyzer and Peak Meter.
- An update to Directwave
- Slip editing and resizing tool has been added to the Playlist for all clip types.
This video tutorial will help those new to FL Studio quickly get their mind around step sequencing. It covers how to create a basic pattern using FL Studio’s Step Sequencer. The tutorial also discusses the Channel Window. You can also see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9xj_v65UhU.
Step-by-step video tutorial showing you how to use the Fruity Vocoder in FL Studio. This tutorial is for advanced users. You can also see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eDGVxwJWE0.
Image Line software has released FL studio 7. The update is free for existing customers (for those not familiar with Image Line’s lifetime free updates, visit this link). New users can get 10% off of FL Studio by using this link.
New features include:
- Pattern Clips – a new method for creating audio, MIDI, and automation clips in the playlist.
- The Edison Audio Editor – an extremely powerful and fully integrated audio editor and recording tool replacing the wave editor. Edison loads into an effect slot (in any mixer track) and will then record or play audio from that position.
- Love Philter – Love Philter consists of eight identical filter units, each able to be feed to the next one in the chain. It can create complex delay, gating and filtering effects.
- Parametric EQ2 – an advanced 7-band parametric equalizer plugin with spectral analysis.
- Smart disable mode added for Generators/Instrument plugins (it was previously only for Effects plugins).
- Multithreading – Some generators can now be threaded for CPU gain on dual cores.
- Mono source recording.
- Support for Apple AIFF loops
- Bug fixes updates to existing plug-ins
For more details and a demo version visit http://www.flstudio.com. Note all FL Studio demo versions are fully featured allowing you to create new songs and export them to WAV or MP3. However, save project is disabled.
In upcoming posts I will discuss some of the new features and plug-ins in more detail.
Just a follow up to my last post. I took the time to document the new
patches that came with Sytrus 2.3. See my list below. Very cool
additions for sure.
Basci subtracting 7
Hyper Resonant 3
Total brokeness 2
One of my favorite software synths Sytrus has been updated. The update is free for registered users. For everyone else, click here to get 10% off Sytrus or any other image line product.
For those of you not familiar with Sytrus, image line describes it as
"a powerful and versatile synthesizer featuring six customizable
operators for FM (Frequency Modulation) and RM (Ring Modulation)
synthesis, plucked string synthesis, 3 filter modules, an effects
module with chorus, three delay lines and unique programmable unison
mode." The synth can be used inside of FL Studio, or as a VST/DXi inside of your host.
Words don’t do it justice, so check out the very cool Flash-based microsite http://www.sytrus.com/ to hear it first hand. Note you can also get a free demo version of this synth when you download FL Studio. Note, this is a full fledged VST
Here is what’s new in 2.3:
– New Cherry phaser filter.
– New edit options in the harmonics editor.
– LFOs have a "bipolar LFO tension" option now.
– The shape loader now loads AIFF samples.
– New envelope point modes: "stairs" and "smoothed stairs".
It also looks like they’ve added some new patches as well.
This tutorial has been updated and can now be found in this post – http://newecho.typepad.com/blog/2007/09/video-tutorial-.html.