In 2005, I been blogging on electronic music technology and technique as a way to give back to the community. Around 2010 I started an artist blog where I did posts on upcoming shows, releases, photos and videos of past shows, and talked about the live performance scene in Boulder, Denver, and around the US.
In January of 2019 I made a move to simplify, streamline and reduce cost and I merged both blogs into https://markmoshermusic.com where I continue to blog today. The Modulate This category is https://markmoshermusic.com/category/modulate-this/.
- Interview with Gary Numan
- Interview with Composer Reinhold Heil on His Work on The Helix TV Series on SyFy
- I continued to share research in mindmap form like my Post on What’s New in Live 9 (mindmap viewed over 14,000 times).
- I’ve gone deep with instruments like Absynth and shared some tips on sound design – NI Absynth Tip: How to Set Channel Volume, Overall Preset Volume and Enable Automatic Channel Level Adjustment.
- I’m a hardcore Octatrack users. How to Run Your Elektron Octatrack (and Other Elektron Gear or Gear that Runs on DC) on Battery Power with the Tekkeon myPower ALL Plus MP3450i
- I’ve come to know some really cool people in my synth journey, so there were posts like this one trying to spread the word about their projects – Art + Music + Technology By Darwin Grosse – A Must Listen Podcast for Electronic Musicians
- I also had the good fortune to fly out and perform and do installations at festivals so I did a few show reports.
- Video and Photos from My 9 Box AudioCube Mountain Oasis 2013 Adventure with the Bob Moog Foundation.