Here is a 7 minute performance from madelife Beat Cypher #2.Audio is from GoPro. Beat Cypher is kind of like an open mic with micro-sets which necessitates small rigs and groove boxes. It’s super fun.
I challenged myself to do my set with just an Elektron Analog Four. The Analog Four has 4 analog synths, is only 4 note polyphonic in total and has chorus, delay and reverb on the master chain.
The performance is a combination of original presets, tweaked factory presets, live playing using the onboard chromatic keyboard, real-time sound design, use of some pre-defined original sequences with live arrangement and live sequencing. I’m using 4 kits” throughout (which you can switch to with no load-time or hickups). So all synthesis, no samples, no audio playback.
- 00:00 Real-time synthesis with original preset
- 00:34 Live arrangement with grooves, live-sound design, live play on chromatic keyboard
- 4:00 Back to real-time synthesis using chromatic keyboard
- 05:00 Things get pretty Logan’s Run bleepy and modular-like
- 06:25 Freeze with the amazing on-board reverb