Mark Mosher been composing, releasing, and performing cinematic sci-fi inspired electronic music for over a decade. He has been composing and performing psychical visuals to accompany his performances for 7 years. Many say his music sounds like a soundtrack for science fiction film yet to be made. Some say his music would be perfect music for movie trailers. Others just like to jam out to it. He is also the founder of the Modulate This! synth blog (now in it’s 13th year) , the 790+member strong Rocky Mountain Synthesizer Meetup, the Sonic Encounters Podcast.
He composes and improvises to create new music, sound, and visuals with synths, samplers, and computers. His live musical performances and fixed media works span the realms of electronic, electroacoustic, musique concrète, electronic tonalities, techno, experimental, and soundscape with a focus on cinematic narrative.
In 2017 he was named one of “Twelve of Colorado’s Greatest Synthesizer Artists” by Westword Magazine. He is also known for his interactive visuals based on live camera input and projection mapping and was a runner up in Denver Westword Magazine’s Best Visuals for Experimental Music 2016. Select performances include:
- University of Colorado Atlas Institute as a special guest of the Boulder Laptop Orchestra (College of Music)
- Music convocation at Gates Concert Hall at University of Denver for the Lamont School of Music
- Grand opening of the University of Denver’s Performance Black Box
- Galleria at the Denver Performing Art’s Complex as part of the Denver Open Doors city event
- Mountain Oasis Festival Asheville as guest of Bob Moog Foundation, NC
- Mountain Skies Festival, Asheville, NC
- Electro-Music Festival, NY & Ashville, NC
- Pacific Northwest Synthfest, WA
- Art Institute of Sunnyvale, CA
- Georgia Tech Guthman Musical Instrument Competition, GA
- Midwest Electro-Music Experience, IN
- Des Moines Social Club, IA
- Special appearance at The Microsoft Store, CO
- On-Air Live Broadcast CU Boulder Radio 1190
When not creating and playing music and visuals – Mark enjoys travel, reading, and outdoor life in and around Boulder Colorado.
Mark’s list of full credits in his CV here.