I’m an Electronic & Experimental Musician, Multimedia Artist, and Event Producer from Boulder, CO. I compose and improvise music with a focus on narrative arcs spanning many genres including techno, industrial, electro, musique concrète, sci fi, horror, and soundscapes. I perform solo and in various ensembles and have over 12 music releases. In n 2017 I was named one of “Twelve of Colorado’s Greatest Synthesizer Artists” by Westword Magazine.
As a multimedia artist I’m known for my interactive visuals based on live camera input and projection mapping and was a runner up in Denver Westword Magazine’s Best Visuals for Experimental Music 2016. I’ve also created interactive multimedia installations for the Bob Moog Foundation and the city of Denver.
I’m a Jedi mind mapper and planner and have produced award winning shows and community events for over 7 years. This includes award winning 830+ member Rocky Mountain Synthesizer Meetup which I founded in 2012 through which I’ve hosted over 75 events. I’m also the Creative Director and founder of Synth Patrol which produces pop-up improvisational electronic music & multimedia performances with rotating squads of players.
As a music technologist I’m a recognized expert at Ableton Live and have been invited by Ableton to do a talk and performances for their University Tour and to speak at internal events. I’ve also prived consulting on Ableton to Keyboard Magazine, Recording Magazine, and STEM/STEAM schools in Denver.
I’m quite handy with making music and performing with Elektron gear and and iPad as well.
Some select past performances include.
- University of Colorado Atlas Institute as a special guest of the Boulder Laptop Orchestra (College of Music)
- Music convocation at Gates Concert Hall at University of Denver for the Lamont School of Music
- Grand opening of the University of Denver’s Performance Black Box
- Galleria at the Denver Performing Art’s Complex as part of the Denver Open Doors city event
- Mountain Oasis Festival Asheville as guest of Bob Moog Foundation, NC
- Mountain Skies Festival, Asheville, NC
- Electro-Music Festival, NY & Ashville, NC
- Pacific Northwest Synthfest, WA
- Art Institute of Sunnyvale, CA
- Georgia Tech Guthman Musical Instrument Competition, GA
- Midwest Electro-Music Experience, IN
- Des Moines Social Club, IA
- Special appearance at The Microsoft Store, CO
- On-Air Live Broadcast CU Boulder Radio 1190
When not creating and playing music and visuals – I enjoy travel, reading, skiing, mountain biking, hiking and outdoor life in and around Boulder Colorado.
See my CV for a full list of credits.